This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse suspects that a client is having difficulty with specific self-esteem. Which client ... (Read 9 times)

Bernana

The nurse suspects that a client is having difficulty with specific self-esteem. Which client statements caused the nurse to have this concern?

1. I hate my hair.
  2. Life is wonderful
  3. My hips are too big.
  4. I wish I had that nose job 2 years ago.
  5. It is awesome that I got that promotion at work.

Question 2

Which statement made by a new mother would indicate to the nurse that there is potential for lowered self-esteem due to role ambiguity?

1. I don't know if I know how to be a mom.
  2. My husband will be a stay-at-home dad while I work.
  3. I'm so disappointed that this baby is not a girl.
  4. I haven't even finished the baby's room.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gcook

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1, 3, 4

Rationale 1: Specific self-esteem is how much one approves of a certain part of oneself. The client hating her hair demonstrates an issue with specific self-esteem.

Rationale 2: Stating that life is wonderful indicates healthy global self-esteem.

Rationale 3: Specific self-esteem is how much one approves of a certain part of oneself. The client stating that her hips are too big demonstrates an issue with specific self-esteem.

Rationale 4: Specific self-esteem is how much one approves of a certain part of oneself. The client wishing that a nose job was done 2 years ago demonstrates an issue with specific self-esteem.

Rationale 5: Being successful at work indicates healthy specific and global self-esteem.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Role ambiguity occurs when expectations are unclear or a person does not know how to fulfill the role. In this case, the clearest indication of role ambiguity is I don't know if I know how to be a mom.
Rationale 2: Even though the husband staying at home while the mother works may not be the expected role assignment, there is no ambiguity in the arrangement.
Rationale 3: Disappointment that the baby is not a girl is not specific to role ambiguity.
Rationale 4: Not having the room finished is not specific to role ambiguity.

Bernana

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

nanny

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library