This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse wants to gain information about a client's situation. Which question should the nurse use ... (Read 17 times)

evelyn o bentley

The nurse wants to gain information about a client's situation. Which question should the nurse use to maximize communication with this patient?

1. What brings you to the hospital?
  2. Are you having pain?
  3. Does your pain feel better or worse today?
  4. Is there anything I can do for you?

Question 2

The nurse needs to communicate information about a client's status to a physician. Which approach demonstrates assertive communication by the nurse?

1. You need to check the laboratory results of the client in room 423.
  2. You should visit with the client's family about the upcoming procedure.
  3. We need to be more aware of the situation among the client and the client's family.
  4. I am concerned that the client does not have adequate pain management.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

peilian

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: An open-ended question is one that cannot be answered with a simple yes/no or a one-word response. Often they begin with the words What, Describe for me, Explain, or Tell me about....
Rationale 2: This question can be answered with one word or a yes/no response.
Rationale 3: This question can be answered with one word or a yes/no response.
Rationale 4: This question can be answered with one word or a yes/no response.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale: An important characteristic of assertive communication includes the use of I statements versus you statements. You statements place blame and put the listener in a defensive position.

evelyn o bentley

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library