This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is teaching a group of middle adults about health promotion. What statement by one of the ... (Read 54 times)

OSWALD

A nurse is teaching a group of middle adults about health promotion. What statement by one of the participants indicates the need for additional teaching?

A) I will make exercise a part of my daily activities.
  B) I should eat a diet high in fats but low in fiber.
  C) I will begin a smoking cessation program this week.
  D) I only have one glass of wine a day with dinner.

Question 2

An adolescent patient tells the nurse, I just don't want to live anymore. What should the nurse do next?

A) Document the adolescent's statement in the patient record.
  B) Sit down and discuss all the reasons there are for living.
  C) Make an immediate referral to a suicide-prevention professional.
  D) Laughingly, teach the adolescent about making scary statements.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

srodz

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

The types of cancer that alpha interferons are used to treat include hairy cell leukemia, melanoma, follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma.

Did you know?

The largest baby ever born weighed more than 23 pounds but died just 11 hours after his birth in 1879. The largest surviving baby was born in October 2009 in Sumatra, Indonesia, and weighed an astounding 19.2 pounds at birth.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library