This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a male Islamic patient who has just died. Which action is the priority for ... (Read 28 times)

mmm

The nurse is caring for a male Islamic patient who has just died. Which action is the priority for the nurse to take when postmortem care is provided?

a. Arranging for embalming to preserve the body until burial
  b. Arranging for male staff to gently wash the patient's body
  c. Arranging for transportation of the body to the crematorium
  d. Preparing the room so that the family can say the rosary at the bedside

Question 2

Which statement by the patient indicates that it may be an appropriate time to consider hospice care rather than further aggressive measures to treat his terminal illness?

a. I am praying every day that this last round of chemotherapy will work.
  b. I want to spend what time I have left at home with my grandchildren.
  c. I need to meet with my financial planner to make sure my life insurance is all set.
  d. I am concerned that my wife won't be able to live on her own after my death.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cici

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
According to the Islamic religion, washing of the body should be performed by a person of the same gender. Burial should be done as soon as possible after death, so cremation and embalming will not be needed. The rosary is prayed by Christians usually of Hispanic/Latino American descent.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Hospice care is provided to patients who are terminally ill and wish to have no further aggressive treatment in attempt to cure the disease. The patient's statement that she just wants to be home with her grandchildren indicates a readiness for hospice care.

mmm

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

sultansheikh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library