This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is educating the family to care for a patient at home with cognitive alterations. Which ... (Read 16 times)

wenmo

The nurse is educating the family to care for a patient at home with cognitive alterations. Which statement by the family indicates a need for further education?

a. I should keep the home free of scissors.
  b. I should minimize the number of visitors.
  c. I should use push-button door locks.
  d. 24-hour supervision may become necessary.

Question 2

The nurse is delegating care to an unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP) to a patient who has sensory overload. Which statement by the UAP indicates a need for further orientation?

a. I should keep the noise levels low.
  b. I should schedule all the care together.
  c. I should keep the room well lit.
  d. I should allow the family to visit.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Anton

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Use of door locks that require a key may be necessary if the patient wanders. Keep the environment free of hazards such as sharp objects, and minimize distractions. If the patient is not safe to be left alone, 24-hour supervision may be necessary.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
To prevent or alleviate overload, the nurse reduces sensory stimuli, dimming unnecessary lights and turning down the sound on alarms if possible. Nursing care is planned so that the patient is not constantly disturbed. Visitation by family provides reality orientation and a soothing, recognizable presence for some patients experiencing overload.

wenmo

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

olderstudent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Prostaglandins were first isolated from human semen in Sweden in the 1930s. They were so named because the researcher thought that they came from the prostate gland. In fact, prostaglandins exist and are synthesized in almost every cell of the body.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

There are more nerve cells in one human brain than there are stars in the Milky Way.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library