This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is educating the patient about the effects of immobility on the body. The following ... (Read 24 times)

Jkov05

The nurse is educating the patient about the effects of immobility on the body. The following statements by the patient indicate a need for further education: (Select all that apply.)

a. I can become very weak.
  b. I will gain weight.
  c. I will lose muscle tone.
  d. I can get bed sores.

Question 2

The nurse has delegated to the UAP to assist a patient with ambulating in the hallway with a cane. Which statement by the UAP indicates a need for further education?

a. I should report any complaints of soreness to the nurse.
  b. I should watch for indications that the patient has difficulties using the cane.
  c. I should let the nurse or PT know if the cane doesn't seem to fit correctly.
  d. I should teach the patient how to walk with the cane.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zhanghao

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Immobility may cause weakness, instability, anorexia, elimination alterations, decreased muscle tone, circulatory stasis, and skin breakdown. Knowing the effects of immobility on various body systems allows the nurse to quickly assess a patient's risk and recognize signs of impending complications.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Educating patients on how to walk with assistive devices may not be delegated to unlicensed assistive personnel (UAP). UAP should report any of the following: noticeable incorrect usage or fit of assistive devices, complaints of soreness or weakness, difficulties involving balance or strength, or difficulties in performing the procedure or other concerns verbalized by the patient.

Jkov05

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Zebsrer

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library