This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is preparing to administer an anticoagulant when the patient says, Why do I have these ... (Read 27 times)

mydiamond

The nurse is preparing to administer an anticoagulant when the patient says, Why do I have these bruises on my arms? The nurse reviews the patient's blood tests and notes an abnormal bleeding time.

Based on the findings, the nurse decides to hold the medication and notifies the health care provider. This action, by the nurse, is an example of:
  a.
  thinking aloud.
  b.
  reviewing the literature.
  c.
  applying knowledge .
  d.
  role playing.

Question 2

The nurse has finished her shift and is on her way home. During the shift, one of the patients attempted to climb out of bed and fell. On her way home the nurse is thinking about what she could have done differently to prevent the fall.

This is an example of using:
  a.
  evidence
  b.
  standards
  c.
  attributes or traits.
  d.
  reflection

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

flannelavenger

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Nursing practice is based on the application of knowledge to address patient problems. Nurses may think aloud as an inner dialogue to examine their thinking. The literature review is used to address knowledge gaps through the review of scholarly journals. A role-play strategy involves assigning learners to different roles based on expected outcomes in a particular setting. Other learners and facilitators observe the role playing, and then all are involved in the debriefing or discussion of the scenario. As with simulation, this approach allows learners to interact in a safe, controlled environment.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Reflection is an effective tool that enables students and nurses to think about how best to improve their future caregiving in similar situations. The results of deliberate thinking are used to guide further thinking. Identification and use of evidence is necessary to guide analysis of situations and decision making. Nursing practice must be based on evidence gained through research and review of findings. Some personal characteristics are associated with critical thinking. Critical thinking needs to be assessed and evaluated according to standards to ensure the quality of thinking. Nursing practice is based on standards established by the American Nurses Association in areas such as the nursing process, ethics, education, research, communication, leadership, and collaboration.

mydiamond

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

bbburns21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library