This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement made by the patient newly prescribed to take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug ... (Read 43 times)

notis

Which statement made by the patient newly prescribed to take a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) indicates that more teaching is needed?

a. I should avoid taking acetaminophen (Tylenol) any time I am also taking an over-the-counter NSAID.
  b. Because aspirin causes me to have asthma, I should never take another NSAID like ibuprofen (Advil).
  c. I should try to avoid taking any NSAID, even over-the-counter NSAIDs, for more than a few days or a week.
  d. Because Celebrex (celecoxib) has so few side effects, I don't have to worry about how often I take it.

Question 2

For which health problem will you specifically monitor in the older patient prescribed to take a corticosteroid for the next month?

a. Sudden hair loss
  b. Weight loss
  c. High blood glucose level
  d. Change in sleep patterns

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joanwhite

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

notis

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

chjcharjto14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library