This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient is prescribed an ophthalmic beta blocking agent for the treatment of glaucoma. Which ... (Read 63 times)

captainjonesify

A patient is prescribed an ophthalmic beta

blocking agent for the treatment of glaucoma. Which precaution is most important to teach the patient to prevent orthostatic hypotension?
  a. Change positions slowly.
  b. Take your pulse rate at least four times each day.
  c. Be sure to lie down for at least 10 minutes after putting the drops into your eyes.
  d. Apply pressure to the inside corner of your eye when putting the drops into the eye.

Question 2

A patient has been taking bimatoprost

(Lumigan) for the last 2 months. Which statement by the patient indicates a correct understanding of this drug therapy?
  a. When my eyes are red or itchy, I should wait until the next day to use my glaucoma medicine.
  b. Even though my intraocular pressure is now normal, I will continue to take the drug once daily.
  c. One indication that I have used too much of this drug is when my vision becomes blurry or fuzzy.
  d. If I forget to take the eye drops one day, I should apply them as soon as I remember them the next day and also take the regular dose for that day.