Author Question: The nurse is teaching a patient how to self-administer triptan injections for migraine headaches. ... (Read 28 times)

jeatrice

The nurse is teaching a patient how to

self-administer triptan injections for migraine headaches. Which statement by the patient indicates that he needs further teaching?
  a. I will take this medication regularly to prevent a migraine headache from occurring.
  b. I will take this medication when I feel a migraine headache starting.
  c. This medication does not reduce the number of migraines I will have.
  d. I will keep a journal to record the headaches I have and how the injections are working.

Question 2

A 10-year-old patient will be started on methylphenidate hydrochloride (Ritalin) therapy. The nurse will perform which essential baseline assessment before this drug is started?

a. Eye examination
  b. Height and weight
  c. Liver function studies
  d. Hearing test

zogaridan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library