This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client receives a topical medication for treatment of an acne-like skin disorder. The nurse ... (Read 45 times)

mmm

The client receives a topical medication for treatment of an acne-like skin disorder. The nurse completes medication education and evaluates learning has occurred when the client makes which statements?

1. My daughter has a similar problem so she can use this too.
  2. I will call my doctor if I notice a change in my symptoms.
  3. I will apply the medication only to the affected area.
  4. I do not need to shower prior to using this medication.
  5. My medication only needs to be applied once a day.

Question 2

The client has scabies. The nurse has taught the client about safety in using topical scabicide medications, and evaluates that teaching has been effective when the client makes which statement?

1. I should cover the area with a clean cloth.
  2. I will need help in showering to remove the lotion.
  3. I need to sign a consent for this medication.
  4. I must avoid putting this lotion on my face.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dyrone

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2,3
Rationale 1: Clients should not share medications; the daughter should have an evaluation herself.
Rationale 2: The client must notify the physician if the symptoms change.
Rationale 3: Medications can be irritating so they should be applied only to the affected area.
Rationale 4: The medication should be applied to clean skin, so it is a good idea to shower prior to using this medication.
Rationale 5: Some topical medications need to be applied more than once a day.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: It is not necessary to cover the area with a cloth.
Rationale 2: The client should not need assistance to shower.
Rationale 3: A consent is not necessary for these medications.
Rationale 4: These medications are irritating to sensitive skin and eyes, so the facial area should be avoided.

mmm

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

nanny

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library