This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client's sperm sample analysis reveals azoospermia. The nurse would ask about the presence of ... (Read 18 times)

rayancarla1

A client's sperm sample analysis reveals azoospermia. The nurse would ask about the presence of which diseases in the client's history?

1. Sexually transmitted infections
  2. Erectile dysfunction
  3. Mumps
  4. Tuberculosis
  5. Atherosclerosis

Question 2

Which comments would the nurse interpret as indicating that a high school athlete understands the risks of using anabolic steroids?

1. The only legal way I can take these drugs is if I inject them myself.
  2. Once I stop taking these drugs, my body will return to normal.
  3. As long as my coach says these drugs are okay, they won't hurt me.
  4. I might become mentally dependent on these drugs.
  5. If I take ibuprofen with these drugs it will protect me from bad side effects.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kaylee05

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1,3,4
Rationale 1: STIs are a common cause of obstruction of the vas deferens which would result in sperm not passing into the ejaculate.
Rationale 2: ED would not result in azoospermia.
Rationale 3: Mumps and other infections may result in blockage of the vas deferens which would prevent the passage of sperm into the ejaculate.
Rationale 4: Infections such as chronic TB may result in obstruction of the vas deferens which could result in azoospermia.
Rationale 5: Atherosclerosis is more likely to be a reason for erectile dysfunction.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Self-injection does not make the use of steroids legal.
Rationale 2: The effects of anabolic steroids often last long after the drug is discontinued.
Rationale 3: Coaches are not the experts on the use of anabolic steroids and their effects on the body. Reputable coaches should not tolerate the use of these drugs.
Rationale 4: Psychologic dependence is possible with use of anabolic steroids.
Rationale 5: Ibuprofen use could result in additive liver damage.

rayancarla1

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

daiying98

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

The average human gut is home to perhaps 500 to 1,000 different species of bacteria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library