Author Question: A college student calls the family planning clinic and states, I had unprotected sex and now I am ... (Read 34 times)

K@

A college student calls the family planning clinic and states, I had unprotected sex and now I am afraid I will get pregnant. The nurse would provide which information about Plan B?

1. You can purchase Plan B without a prescription.
  2. You will need to request Plan B from the pharmacist.
  3. You will take two separate doses of Plan B.
  4. If you are already pregnant, Plan B will end the pregnancy.
  5. Plan B will prevent ovulation and implantation.

Question 2

The nurse explains to a client who is taking oral contraceptives that these drugs can cause

1. thrombophlebitis.
  2. hypotension.
  3. weight loss.
  4. pregnancy.

yasmina

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1,2,3,5
Rationale 1: Plan B is available without a prescription to women over the age of 17.
Rationale 2: Plan B is kept behind the pharmacy counter so that the pharmacist can verify the client's age.
Rationale 3: Plan B consists of two doses. Plan B One Step includes a single dose.
Rationale 4: Plan B will not induce an abortion or terminate a pregnancy.
Rationale 5: Plan B acts in a manner similar to oral contraceptives in that it prevents ovulation and implantation.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Thrombophlebitis can occur, especially in those who smoke.
Rationale 2: Hypertension, not hypotension, can occur with oral contraceptives.
Rationale 3: Usually, weight gain occurs with oral contraceptives.
Rationale 4: Oral contraceptives do not cause pregnancy.