This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client states, I get so sick to my stomach after chemotherapy. Why can't they just put it directly ... (Read 27 times)

Kikoku

A client states, I get so sick to my stomach after chemotherapy. Why can't they just put it directly into my tumor? Which nursing response is indicated?

1. There is no technology available to directly place chemotherapy in a tumor.
  2. These are such strong medications that they would eat up your tissues.
  3. That type of therapy does exist, but it does not work for your particular type of cancer.
  4. I know you get sick, but the nausea and vomiting is not severe and passes quickly.

Question 2

The main mechanism of action of alkylating agents is

1. they stimulate the body's immune system.
  2. unknown.
  3. they change the shape of the DNA double helix and prevent nucleic acid from completing normal cell division.
  4. they disrupt metabolic pathways.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joshbk44

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: Some antineoplastics are given locally or through direct instillation into a tumor site. This treatment is not available for all tumors.
Rationale 2: Although this statement is somewhat accurate, it is not therapeutic and is not the best answer to this question.
Rationale 3: This is a straightforward and accurate statement of fact.
Rationale 4: Many clients experience severe nausea and vomiting that lasts several hours up to days.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: This is representative of pharmacotherapy with biologic response modifiers, immune therapies, and miscellaneous antineoplastics.
Rationale 2: The mechanism of hormonal antineoplastic activity is largely unknown.
Rationale 3: Alkylation changes the shape of the DNA double helix and prevents the nucleic acid from completing normal cell division.
Rationale 4: This is representative of the antimetabolites.

Kikoku

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library