This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse does health teaching with a client who has acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and ... (Read 29 times)

Ebrown

The nurse does health teaching with a client who has acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and who has been started on antiviral medications. The nurse recognizes that teaching has been effective when the client makes which statement?

1. I will need to limit my travel to avoid people with other infections.
  2. I will need to be on a high-calorie diet to enhance the effect of the medication.
  3. I will still need to take precautions to avoid spreading the virus to others.
  4. I will not be able to continue working at my high-stress job anymore.

Question 2

The client with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) asks the nurse why he must take so many medications. What is the best response by the nurse?

1. To decrease the possibility of the virus developing resistance to the medications.
  2. Research has shown single medications to be ineffective.
  3. Because the earlier we start multiple medications, the better for you.
  4. To provide you with the most effective treatment for your illness.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Brummell1998

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: There is no need to limit travel at this point.
Rationale 2: A well-balanced diet is the best diet for a client with acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
Rationale 3: Precautions are still necessary to avoid spreading the virus to others.
Rationale 4: A high-stress job is not ideal, but at this point the client doesn't need to stop working.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Decreasing the possibility of resistance is the key; single drugs can be effective, but viral resistance is a problem.
Rationale 2: Multiple medications will provide the best treatment, but this is not as good an answer as avoiding drug resistance.
Rationale 3: It is debatable if multiple drugs should be used early in the course of the disease.
Rationale 4: Single medications can be effective, but drug resistance is more likely the reason.

Ebrown

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

An identified risk factor for osteoporosis is the intake of excessive amounts of vitamin A. Dietary intake of approximately double the recommended daily amount of vitamin A, by women, has been shown to reduce bone mineral density and increase the chances for hip fractures compared with women who consumed the recommended daily amount (or less) of vitamin A.

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library