This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A mother tells the nurse, I am so concerned about my child. He may not have adequate immunity to ... (Read 15 times)

tth

A mother tells the nurse, I am so concerned about my child. He may not have adequate immunity to chicken pox. What is the best response by the nurse?

1. You don't have to worry as long as your child has received all of his vaccinations.
  2. We can give your child another booster if you would like.
  3. There really is no way to know if your child will develop chicken pox.
  4. We can draw a titer to determine if there is adequate immunity.

Question 2

The client receives infliximab (Remicade), an immunosuppressant medication. What is the priority information for the nurse to teach the client about this medication?

1. The client should get adequate exercise.
  2. The client should drink plenty of fluids.
  3. The client should eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
  4. The client should avoid crowds.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Amiracle

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Telling the mother not to worry is non-therapeutic; she is worried.
Rationale 2: Giving another booster may be unnecessary.
Rationale 3: Drawing a titer will help determine if the child will develop chicken pox.
Rationale 4: Drawing a titer is a valid way to determine the immune level to chicken pox.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Adequate exercise is not the best method for avoiding infection.
Rationale 2: The concept of avoiding exposure to infection is the priority, so drinking plenty of fluids is incorrect.
Rationale 3: The concept of avoiding exposure to infection is the priority, so eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is incorrect.
Rationale 4: Avoiding crowds is important to avoid exposure to infection.

tth

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

LegendaryAnswers

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library