This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse teaches the patient about digoxin (Lanoxin) toxicity and determines that learning has ... (Read 30 times)

melly21297

The nurse teaches the patient about digoxin (Lanoxin) toxicity and determines that learning has occurred when the patient makes which statement(s)?

1. I should limit my fluids while taking this medication.
  2. It is okay to keep taking my ginseng.
  3. If I have nausea, it means I must stop the medication.
  4. I can drink orange juice every morning.
  5. I must check my pulse and not take the medication if it is less than 60.

Question 2

The nurse teaches the patient about lisinopril (Prinivil) and evaluates that additional teaching is required when the patient makes which statement?

1. I will monitor my blood pressure until my next appointment.
  2. I will avoid using salt substitutes for seasoning.
  3. It takes a while for this medication to take effect.
  4. I don't need to worry about having blood tests done.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

juicepod

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3,4,5
Rationale: Orange juice is a source of potassium, which will minimize the risk for digoxin (Lanoxin) toxicity. Nausea, by itself, may be a side effect, but it is not necessarily indicative of digoxin (Lanoxin) toxicity. Sixty beats per minute is the generally accepted limit for withholding digoxin (Lanoxin). Ginseng may increase the risk of digoxin (Lanoxin) toxicity. Dehydration can increase the risk for digoxin (Lanoxin) toxicity; the patient must not limit fluids.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale: The use of ACE inhibitors can lead to neutropenia, and the patient should be monitored for this side effect by having his absolute neutrophil count (ANC) measured. Potassium should be limited to avoid hyperkalemia. Blood pressure should be monitored to assess effectiveness of the medication. It takes a while for lisinopril (Prinivil) to become effective.

melly21297

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library