This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient receives morphine for pain. Which comment by the patient does the nurse assess to be a ... (Read 23 times)

OSWALD

The patient receives morphine for pain. Which comment by the patient does the nurse assess to be a side effect of morphine?

1. My ears are constantly ringing.
  2. My heart feels like it is skipping beats.
  3. I feel like I am going to throw up.
  4. I feel cold shivers all over.

Question 2

The patient receives aspirin. The nurse assesses an adverse effect to this drug when the patient makes which response?

1. My stools have been gray in color.
  2. There is a constant ringing in my ears.
  3. Bright lights give me a headache.
  4. I have to get up a lot at night to urinate.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sultana.d

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale: Nausea is a common side effect of morphine. Feeling cold shivers is not associated with morphine. Ringing ears are not associated with morphine. Heart palpitations are not associated with morphine.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale: Aspirin is ototoxic, and may cause ringing in the ears. Aspirin does not cause photophobia. A decrease in bilirubin (gray stools) is not caused by aspirin. There isn't any relationship between aspirin and nocturnal renal output.

OSWALD

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library