This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: After teaching a group of nursing students about adrenergic drugs and their effects, the instructor ... (Read 9 times)

jessicacav

After teaching a group of nursing students about adrenergic drugs and their effects, the instructor determines that the teaching was successful when the students identify which of the following as an effect of these drugs?

A) Decreased myocardial contractility
  B) Vasodilation
  C) Increased cardiac output
  D) Improved airway clearance

Question 2

A nurse is teaching a client how to use an auto-injector as treatment for an allergic reaction. Which statement by the client indicates the need for additional teaching?

A) I should not touch the orange or black tip on the small end.
  B) I should administer the dose and then call 9-1-1 if I'm alone.
  C) I should inject the black tip into my outer thigh.
  D) I need to massage the site after removing the device.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

EAN94

Answer to Question 1

Ans: C
Adrenergic drugs improve hemodynamic status by improving myocardial contractility and increasing heart rate, which results in increased cardiac output. Peripheral resistance is increased by vasoconstriction. The drugs do not improve airway clearance.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The client should call the emergency number first and then administer the dose if he or she is alone. The client should not touch the orange or black tip on the end. The dose is administered into the outer thigh and the site is massaged for 10 seconds after removing the device.

jessicacav

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kalskdjl1212

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Nitroglycerin is used to alleviate various heart-related conditions, and it is also the chief component of dynamite (but mixed in a solid clay base to stabilize it).

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library