This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which adverse reactions are associated with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics? (Select all that ... (Read 34 times)

soccerdreamer_17

Which adverse reactions are associated with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics? (Select all that apply.)

a. Increased appetite
  b. Overgrowth of yeast
  c. Superinfection
  d. Bacterial changes in the bowel
  e. Nausea

Question 2

The nurse is providing education for a patient prescribed a fluoroquinolone. Which response made by the patient assures the nurse that teaching has been effective?

a. I can discontinue this medication once I feel better.
  b. There are no drug interactions associated with this medication.
  c. I should take this medication with food to decrease GI upset.
  d. I can take this medication with caffeine such as a cup of coffee.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mmpiza

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B, C, D
Several types of adverse reactions are seen with broad-spectrum antibiotics. Adverse reactions include superinfections, an overgrowth of yeast, and changes in the normal bacteria in the bowel.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Fluoroquinolones should be taken with food to decrease adverse GI effects. Keep older patients well hydrated.

soccerdreamer_17

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library