This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which adverse reactions are associated with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics? (Select all that ... (Read 40 times)

soccerdreamer_17

Which adverse reactions are associated with the use of broad-spectrum antibiotics? (Select all that apply.)

a. Increased appetite
  b. Overgrowth of yeast
  c. Superinfection
  d. Bacterial changes in the bowel
  e. Nausea

Question 2

The nurse is providing education for a patient prescribed a fluoroquinolone. Which response made by the patient assures the nurse that teaching has been effective?

a. I can discontinue this medication once I feel better.
  b. There are no drug interactions associated with this medication.
  c. I should take this medication with food to decrease GI upset.
  d. I can take this medication with caffeine such as a cup of coffee.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mmpiza

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B, C, D
Several types of adverse reactions are seen with broad-spectrum antibiotics. Adverse reactions include superinfections, an overgrowth of yeast, and changes in the normal bacteria in the bowel.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Fluoroquinolones should be taken with food to decrease adverse GI effects. Keep older patients well hydrated.

soccerdreamer_17

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library