This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What should the nurse instruct the client to perform in order to decrease mouth irritation and ... (Read 12 times)

cartlidgeashley

What should the nurse instruct the client to perform in order to decrease mouth irritation and constipation while taking a bile acid binding drug?

1. Take with coffee to increase the effect of the drug.
  2. Dissolve in water and increase fluid intake.
  3. Decrease fluid intake.
  4. Chew tablets.

Question 2

The nurse has just completed medication teaching regarding medications used to treat high cholesterol. Which statement made by the client indicates a need for further teaching?

1. I can eat any food I want as long as I take my medications.
  2. I need to call the physician if I experience severe muscle weakness.
  3. I should take my medications every day.
  4. A low-fat diet needs to be followed even with medications to treat high cholesterol.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

heinisk01

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1:Take with coffee to increase the effect of the drug is incorrect because dissolving in water and increasing fluid intake will decrease irritation to the mouth and constipation.
Rationale 2:Dissolve in water and increase fluid intake will decrease irritation to the mouth and constipation.
Rationale 3:Decrease fluid intake is incorrect because dissolving in water and increasing fluid intake will decrease irritation to the mouth and constipation.
Rationale 4:Chew tablets is incorrect because dissolving in water and increasing fluid intake will decrease irritation to the mouth and constipation.

Global Rationale: Dissolve in water and increase fluid intake will decrease irritation to the mouth and constipation. Take with coffee to increase the effect of the drug is incorrect because dissolving in water and increasing fluid intake will decrease irritation to the mouth and constipation. Decrease fluid intake is incorrect because dissolving in water and increasing fluid intake will decrease irritation to the mouth and constipation. Chew tablets is incorrect because dissolving in water and increasing fluid intake will decrease irritation to the mouth and constipation.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1:I can eat any food I want as long as I take my medications indicates the client needs additional teaching. The client should follow a low-fat diet along with medications.
Rationale 2:I need to call the physician if I experience severe muscle weakness is incorrect because this does not indicate the client needs further teaching.
Rationale 3:I should take my medications every day is incorrect because this does not indicate the client needs further teaching.
Rationale 4:A low-fat diet needs to be followed even with medications to treat high cholesterol is incorrect because this does not indicate the client needs further teaching.

Global Rationale: I can eat any food I want as long as I take my medications indicates the client needs additional teaching. The client should follow a low-fat diet along with medications. I need to call the physician if I experience severe muscle weakness is incorrect because this does not indicate the client needs further teaching. I should take my medications every day is incorrect because this does not indicate the client needs further teaching. A low-fat diet needs to be followed even with medications to treat high cholesterol is incorrect because this does not indicate the client needs further teaching.

cartlidgeashley

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

It is widely believed that giving a daily oral dose of aspirin to heart attack patients improves their chances of survival because the aspirin blocks the formation of new blood clots.

Did you know?

Common abbreviations that cause medication errors include U (unit), mg (milligram), QD (every day), SC (subcutaneous), TIW (three times per week), D/C (discharge or discontinue), HS (at bedtime or "hours of sleep"), cc (cubic centimeters), and AU (each ear).

Did you know?

Serum cholesterol testing in adults is recommended every 1 to 5 years. People with diabetes and a family history of high cholesterol should be tested even more frequently.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library