This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has been prescribed corticosteroid therapy for the treatment of severe osteoarthritis. The ... (Read 24 times)

Pineappleeh

A patient has been prescribed corticosteroid therapy for the treatment of severe osteoarthritis. The nurse evaluates that teaching about this drug is understood if the patient makes which statement?

1. If I get sick and cannot take my medicine for more than 3 days, I will contact my health care provider.
  2. I will take my medication at the same time every day.
  3. I will take my medication with food or a meal.
  4. I will avoid dairy products while taking this medication.
  5. If I notice my vision is changing, I will contact my health care provider.

Question 2

Which nursing statement regarding onset of action for zolpidem (Ambien) is the most appropriate?

1. Rapidly, and should be taken just before bedtime
  2. Four hours after dosing
  3. Sixty minutes after dosing
  4. Two hours after dosing

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dreamfighter72

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The patient should not stop the corticosteroid abruptly and should contact the health care provider if unable to take the medication for over 1 day.
Rationale 2: The patient should take this medication regularly and at the same time every day.
Rationale 3: Taking the medication with food or a meal will help to reduce gastric upset.
Rationale 4: There is no reason to avoid dairy products when taking this medication.
Rationale 5: Corticosteroids may cause increased intraocular pressure and an increased risks of glaucoma and may cause cataracts.

Global Rationale: The patient should take this medication regularly and at the same time every day. There is no reason to avoid dairy products when taking this medication. Corticosteroids may cause increased intraocular pressure and an increased risk of glaucoma and may cause cataracts. The patient should not stop the corticosteroid abruptly and should contact the health care provider if unable to take the medication for over 1 day. There is no reason to avoid dairy products when taking this medication.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Zolpidem (Ambien) begins to work rapidly, and should be taken just before bedtime.
Rationale 2: This medication works rapidly, and should be taken just before bedtime.
Rationale 3: This medication works rapidly, and should be taken just before bedtime.
Rationale 4: This medication works rapidly, and should be taken just before bedtime.

Global Rationale: Zolpidem (Ambien) begins to work rapidly, and should be taken just before bedtime. Four hours after dosing, 60 minutes after dosing, and two hours after dosing are not appropriate statements.

Pineappleeh

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Mochi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library