This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient has been prescribed an oral immunosuppressant medication. The nurse would evaluate the ... (Read 22 times)

ETearle

The patient has been prescribed an oral immunosuppressant medication. The nurse would evaluate the additional teaching is required when the patient makes which statement?

1. When I mix my medicine with grapefruit juice, it doesn't taste as bad.
  2. I have a cute plastic cup I use to mix my medicine.
  3. It is okay to mix my medication with orange juice.
  4. I always rinse the cup and drink the rinse water.
  5. I have eliminated chocolate from my diet.

Question 2

A client says, I have been seeing so much about shingles vaccines on television. Do I need to get one? The nurse replies, You will not have this vaccine until you are age ____.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ecabral0

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Grapefruit juice increases cyclosporine levels and should be avoided.
Rationale 2: The medication should be mixed in glass unless otherwise directed.
Rationale 3: Orange juice can be used to mix the medication.
Rationale 4: The patient should rinse the cup and drink the rinse water to ensure the entire dose of medication is administered.
Rationale 5: There is no reason to avoid chocolate when taking immunosuppressants.

Global Rationale: Grapefruit juice increases cyclosporine levels and should be avoided. The medication should be mixed in glass unless otherwise directed. There is no reason to avoid chocolate when taking immunosuppressants. Orange juice can be used to mix the medication. The patient should rinse the cup and drink the rinse water to ensure the entire dose of medication is administered.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The Zostavax vaccine is given starting at age 50.

Global Rationale: The Zostavax vaccine is given starting at age 50.

ETearle

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

tkempin

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library