This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse explaining epidural anesthesia to a patient would indicate which area as the placement for ... (Read 12 times)

BrownTown3

The nurse explaining epidural anesthesia to a patient would indicate which area as the placement for this type of anesthesia?

1. A
  2. B
  3. C
  4. D

Question 2

The client is receiving chemotherapy for cancer. The physician has prescribed oprelvekin (Neumega). The nurse has completed medication education and evaluates it as effective when the client makes which statement?

1. This medication will help my chemotherapy work better.
  2. This medication will help increase my platelet count.
  3. This medication will help me regain the weight I have lost.
  4. This medication will help increase my red blood cell count.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sierrahalpin

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: An epidural is administered above the dura.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Oprelvekin (Neumega) does not enhance the effectiveness of chemotherapy.
Rationale 2: Oprelvekin (Neumega) is used to stimulate the production of platelets in clients who are at risk for thrombocytopenia caused by cancer chemotherapy.
Rationale 3: Oprelvekin (Neumega) does not promote weight gain.
Rationale 4: Oprelvekin (Neumega) does not increase red blood cell count.
Global Rationale: Oprelvekin (Neumega) is used to stimulate the production of platelets in clients who are at risk for thrombocytopenia caused by cancer chemotherapy. Oprelvekin (Neumega) does not enhance the effectiveness of chemotherapy, promote weight gain, or increase red blood cell count.

BrownTown3

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library