This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient is receiving clozapine (Clozaril) for the treatment of schizophrenia. The nurse ... (Read 44 times)

crazycityslicker

The patient is receiving clozapine (Clozaril) for the treatment of schizophrenia. The nurse evaluates that this medication has been effective when the patient makes which statement?

1. I will start going to group therapy.
  2. I think I am ready for discharge, as I feel better.
  3. I am not hearing the voices anymore.
  4. I promise not to skip breakfast anymore.

Question 2

The paramedics are transporting to the emergency department a patient who is experiencing shock. What will the nurse prepare in anticipation of the patient's arrival?

1. Cardiac monitor
  2. Pulse oximeter
  3. Oxygen
  4. Whole blood
  5. Dextran 40

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Laurenleakan

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: A patient stating he will go to group therapy does not indicate the remission of any psychotic symptoms.
Rationale 2: A patient stating he feels better and is ready for discharge does not indicate the remission of any psychotic symptoms.
Rationale 3: Therapeutic effects of clozapine (Clozaril) include remission of a range of psychotic symptoms to include delusions, paranoia, auditory hallucinations, and irrational behavior.
Rationale 4: A patient stating he will not skip breakfast does not indicate the remission of any psychotic symptoms.
Global Rationale: Therapeutic effects of clozapine (Clozaril) include remission of a range of psychotic symptoms to include delusions, paranoia, auditory hallucinations, and irrational behavior. A patient stating he feels better and is ready for discharge does not indicate the remission of any psychotic symptoms. A patient stating he will go to group therapy does not indicate the remission of any psychotic symptoms. A patient stating he will not skip breakfast does not indicate the remission of any psychotic symptoms.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: When treating shock, the patient should be immediately connected to a cardiac monitor.
Rationale 2: When treating shock, the patient should be immediately connected to a pulse oximeter.
Rationale 3: Unless contraindicated, oxygen is administered via a nonrebreather mask.
Rationale 4: The use of whole blood will be decided after the type of shock is determined.
Rationale 5: The use of dextran 40 will be decided after the type of shock is determined.
Global Rationale: When treating shock, the patient should be immediately connected to a cardiac monitor and a pulse oximeter. Unless contraindicated, oxygen is administered via a nonrebreather mask. The use of whole blood will be decided after the type of shock is determined. The use of dextran 40 will be decided after the type of shock is determined.

crazycityslicker

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library