This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While the nurse is completing a medication history the older adult client says, My medication costs ... (Read 43 times)

Alainaaa8

While the nurse is completing a medication history the older adult client says, My medication costs so much. I am in the doughnut hole right now. Can't the government do something to help? The nurse replies, I understand how difficult this can be. There are plans under way to close the doughnut hole completely by ________. Standard Text: Record your answer rounding to the nearest whole number.

Fill in the blank(s) with correct word

Question 2

A client has been chosen to participate in the clinical trial of a medication to treat chemotherapy-induced nausea. When the nurse takes the informed consent form to the bedside the client says, I am glad there is finally a medication to cure my cancer. How should the nurse respond? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. Who told you the medication would cure your cancer?

2. What questions do you have about this medication?

3. Let me explain how this medication works.

4. Has anyone explained the research trial to you?

5. So am I. This research has been intense.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lindahyatt42

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: The U.S. Affordable Care Act of 2010 includes benefits to reduce this gap in coverage for seniors with the goal of closing it completely by 2020.

Global Rationale: The U.S. Affordable Care Act of 2010 includes benefits to reduce this gap in coverage for seniors with the goal of closing it completely by 2020.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: It is not important to discover who specifically gave the client this information.
Rationale 2: The nurse should be certain the client has no questions prior to having the consent signed.
Rationale 3: It is not the nurse's responsibility to explain how the medication works. It is the responsibility of the researcher or health care provider. The nurse should refer questions to those individuals.
Rationale 4: It is the nurse's responsibility to ensure that the client has been provided with facts about the medication and the clinical trial prior to having the consent signed.
Rationale 5: The nurse should identify that this client does not fully understand the purpose of this medication and should collaborate with the researcher or health care provider regarding this misunderstanding.

Global Rationale: The nurse should be certain the client has no questions prior to having the consent signed. It is the nurse's responsibility to ensure that the client has been provided with facts about the medication and the clinical trial prior to having the consent signed. The nurse should identify that this client does not fully understand the purpose of this medication and should collaborate with the researcher or health care provider regarding this misunderstanding. It is not the nurse's responsibility to explain how the medication works. It is the responsibility of the researcher or health care provider. It is not important to discover who specifically gave the client this information.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Approximately one in four people diagnosed with diabetes will develop foot problems. Of these, about one-third will require lower extremity amputation.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library