This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An adult female says, I don't need contraceptives because my cycles are as regular as clockwork. I ... (Read 16 times)

bb

An adult female says, I don't need contraceptives because my cycles are as regular as clockwork. I know when I should abstain from intercourse. Select the nurse's best response.

1. You are fortunate that your cycles are so regular. Most women are unable to rely on this approach to contraception.
  2. You are still at risk for getting a sexually transmitted disease. Let's discuss contraceptive options that will prevent disease.
  3. Many factors can change the menstrual cycle. You're fortunate to have regular cycles, but an additional method of contraception should be used to prevent pregnancy.
  4. You have described the rhythm method of contraception. Women have used that method successfully for thousands of years.

Question 2

A woman requests information on medical abortion. The nurse should tell her that mifepristone with misoprostol is most effective if used:

1. before the first missed menstrual period.
  2. for ectopic pregnancy.
  3. within 7 weeks of conception.
  4. immediately after ovulation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

manuelcastillo

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3

bb

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

amandalm

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

More than 4.4billion prescriptions were dispensed within the United States in 2016.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

No drugs are available to relieve parathyroid disease. Parathyroid disease is caused by a parathyroid tumor, and it needs to be removed by surgery.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library