Author Question: Which statement about alcohol would indicate that a patient has an accurate understanding of its ... (Read 63 times)

RYAN BANYAN

Which statement about alcohol would indicate that a patient has an accurate understanding of its effects on the body?

1. Alcohol use can increase my risk of breast cancer.
  2. Alcohol improves my sexual functioning.
  3. Alcohol can improve my digestion by decreasing stomach acidity.
  4. Alcohol can help lower my blood pressure.

Question 2

A cancer patient has taken opioids for 2 years but now requires increasing doses to obtain relief. In a conversation with the nurse, the patient expresses fear about becoming addicted to the drugs. Select the nurse's best response.

1. Addiction is not possible with opioid use.
  2. Addiction is a major concern, and you are being closely monitored for it.
  3. The risk of addiction is greater than the benefit of pain relief, so we should start tapering your dosage.
  4. Taking prescribed medications for pain relief is not related to addiction.

ultraflyy23

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4