This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient takes 300 mg of lithium carbonate 4 times a day. The serum lithium level yesterday was 1.8 ... (Read 48 times)

jace

A patient takes 300 mg of lithium carbonate 4 times a day. The serum lithium level yesterday was 1.8 mEq/L. The nurse should:

1. continue administering the drug as prescribed.
  2. increase the dose to 450 mg.
  3. decrease the dose to 150 mg.
  4. hold the next dose and notify the prescriber.

Question 2

A nurse assesses a newly admitted hospital patient. Which finding should alert the nurse that the patient may be experiencing major depression? The patient who:

1. reports sleeping 14 to 16 hours per day for the past 3 months.
  2. states, I realize I'm not able to play 18 holes of golf anymore. Now I play 9.
  3. comments, I have asked my sister to help me at home until I am feeling stronger.
  4. says, I've asked my supervisor to reduce my work schedule to 20 hours a week.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ansleighelindsey

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1

jace

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

adf223

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library