This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse provides teaching for a female patient with anemia who has had cancer chemotherapy and who ... (Read 17 times)

OSWALD

A nurse provides teaching for a female patient with anemia who has had cancer chemotherapy and who will begin treatment with testosterone. Which statement by the patient indicates understanding of the teaching?

a. Facial hair may develop with this drug but will go away over time.
  b. I may experience an increase in breast size while taking this drug.
  c. Testosterone may increase my high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol and reduce my low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol.
  d. Testosterone treats anemia by stimulating the synthesis of a renal hormone.

Question 2

Which are indications for early induction of labor? (Select all that apply.)

a. Abruptio placentae
  b. Active genital herpes infection
  c. Gestational hypertension
  d. Premature rupture of the membranes
  e. Umbilical cord prolapse

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

juiceman1987

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Testosterone can be used to treat refractory anemias in men and women. It works by stimulating the synthesis of erythropoietin, a renal hormone that stimulates the production of red blood cells. Virilization effects can be permanent if the hormone is not withdrawn, so patients developing facial hair and other signs should be told to report this to the provider. Breast enlargement occurs in males taking this drug. Testosterone reduces HDL cholesterol and increases LDL cholesterol.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, C, D
Indications for early induction of labor include abruptio placentae, gestational hypertension, and premature rupture of the membranes. Active genital herpes infection and umbilical cord prolapse are contraindications to induction, even at term, because they can involve significant harm to the fetus.

OSWALD

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library