This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which client statement indicates that teaching about finasteride (Proscar) has been effective? 1. ... (Read 20 times)

Lobcity

Which client statement indicates that teaching about finasteride (Proscar) has been effective?

1. It reduces the inflammation and swelling associated with my prostatitis.
  2. It interferes with my circulating testosterone and causes my prostate to shrink so I can urinate again.
  3. It relaxes the smooth muscle in my urethra to facilitate the outflow of urine.
  4. It kills prostate cells that could lead to cancer.

Question 2

A testosterone (Testoderm) patch has been prescribed for a client. Where will the nurse instruct the client to place the patch on the skin?

1. On the scrotum
  2. On the lower leg
  3. On the head
  4. On the thigh

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

macmac

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: This statement does not indicate teaching has been effective.
Rationale 2: Finasteride (Proscar) works by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to one of its metabolites, 5-alpha dihydrotestosterone, which causes proliferation of prostate cells and promotes enlargement of the gland. Finasteride promotes regression of prostate epithelial tissue and decreases mechanical obstruction of the urethra.
Rationale 3: This statement does not indicate teaching has been effective.
Rationale 4: This statement does not indicate teaching has been effective.
Global Rationale: Finasteride (Proscar) works by inhibiting the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to one of its metabolites, 5-alpha dihydrotestosterone, which causes proliferation of prostate cells and promotes enlargement of the gland. Finasteride promotes regression of prostate epithelial tissue and decreases mechanical obstruction of the urethra. It does not reduce inflammation, relax smooth muscle, or kill prostate cells.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Testoderm patches are not applied directly to the scrotal area.
Rationale 2: Testoderm patches are not applied to the lower leg.
Rationale 3: Testoderm patches are not applied to the head.
Rationale 4: Testoderm patches can be applied to the thigh, upper arm, back, or abdomen.
Global Rationale: Testoderm patches can be applied to the thigh, upper arm, back, or abdomen. They should not be applied to the scrotum, lower leg, or head.

Lobcity

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

mammy1697

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library