This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client reports infertility in spite of trying to get pregnant for the last 18 months. A priority ... (Read 22 times)

appyboo

A client reports infertility in spite of trying to get pregnant for the last 18 months. A priority assessment in this client would be:

1. height and weight.
  2. understanding of ovulation and timing of intercourse.
  3. job status.
  4. preferred position during sexual intercourse.

Question 2

The nurse is reviewing the labor and delivery plan for a pregnant client who is scheduled to receive oxytocin (Pitocin) for induction of labor contractions. Which client statement indicates the need for additional instruction from the nurse?

1. I want to walk around as much as possible to help stimulate my labor.
  2. I will receive gradually increasing doses of the medication until I'm in active labor.
  3. I realize my blood pressure will need to be taken frequently as long as I am on this medication.
  4. I will tell you if I develop a headache.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bblaney

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: It is important to know the client's physical characteristics, but these measurements would not help determine the cause of infertility.
Rationale 2: The nurse must discover whether the client understands when conception is most likely to occur before proceeding with other assessments.
Rationale 3: An assessment of the client's job status would not necessarily help determine the cause of infertility.
Rationale 4: This information would not help determine the cause of infertility.
Global Rationale: The nurse must discover whether the client understands when conception is most likely to occur before proceeding with other assessments. It is important to know the client's physical characteristics, but these measurements would not help determine the cause of infertility. An assessment of the client's job status would not necessarily help determine the cause of infertility. Preferred position during sexual intercourse is of no consequence to fertility as long as intercourse is occurring.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Clients receiving oxytocin require continuous fetal and maternal monitoring, so the client needs to realize that walking around will not be possible.
Rationale 2: Doses of intravenous oxytocin are increased gradually, every 15 to 60 minutes, until a normal labor pattern is established.
Rationale 3: Vital signs, including blood pressure, should be checked at least every 15 minutes.
Rationale 4: A headache could be a sign of increased blood pressure, which might lead to a need to discontinue the oxytocin.
Global Rationale: Clients receiving oxytocin require continuous fetal and maternal monitoring, so the client needs to realize that walking around will not be possible. Doses of intravenous oxytocin are increased gradually, every 15 to 60 minutes, until a normal labor pattern is established. Vital signs, including blood pressure, should be checked at least every 15 minutes. A headache could be a sign of increased blood pressure, which might lead to a need to discontinue the oxytocin.

appyboo

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Joy Chen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

Anti-aging claims should not ever be believed. There is no supplement, medication, or any other substance that has been proven to slow or stop the aging process.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library