This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is being treated pharmacologically for endometriosis. Which statement by the client ... (Read 17 times)

deesands

A client is being treated pharmacologically for endometriosis. Which statement by the client indicates a need for further instruction?

1. I will be able to get pregnant as soon as I finish taking this medication.
  2. I will probably have to take this medication for 36 months.
  3. This medication could cause my voice to get deeper.
  4. I should dress in layers, because I might get hot flashes while I take this medication.

Question 2

A client with infertility who was treated with clomiphene (Clomid) for 6 months without success will now be treated with a follitropin. Which statement by this client would require immediate intervention by the health care provider?

1. I have had three diarrhea stools each day since I started these medications.
  2. I have had a headache since I began using these medications.
  3. I began wheezing last night.
  4. My husband is going to give me these injections.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

laurnthompson

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: There is no guarantee that relief of endometriosis will translate into the ability to conceive.
Rationale 2: Most clients take medication for endometriosis for 36 months.
Rationale 3: Some medications used to treat endometriosis can cause masculinizing effects such as hirsutism and voice deepening.
Rationale 4: Some medications used to treat endometriosis can cause symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes.
Global Rationale: There is no guarantee that relief of endometriosis will translate into the ability to conceive. Most clients take medication for endometriosis for 36 months. Some medications used to treat endometriosis can cause masculinizing effects such as hirsutism and voice deepening. Some medications used to treat endometriosis can cause symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: The development of diarrhea is common with these medications.
Rationale 2: Headaches are a common adverse effect of these medications.
Rationale 3: The client might be developing an acute exacerbation of asthma. This adverse effect must be addressed immediately.
Rationale 4: These medications are given by injection. It is common for someone other than the client to inject the medications.
Global Rationale: The client might be developing an acute exacerbation of asthma. This adverse effect must be addressed immediately. The development of diarrhea and headaches is common with these medications. These medications are given by injection. It is common for someone other than the client to inject the medications.

deesands

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

Sarahjh

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library