This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which client would not be a good candidate for induction of labor using parenteral oxytocin ... (Read 55 times)

roselinechinyere27m

Which client would not be a good candidate for induction of labor using parenteral oxytocin (Pitocin)?

1. The client who is at 38 weeks' gestation and has gestational diabetes
  2. The client at 37 weeks' gestation whose fetus has developed an abnormal heart rate
  3. The client who is at 38 weeks' gestation and has developed signs of preeclampsia
  4. The client at 39 weeks' gestation who wants the baby to have the same birthday as another family member

Question 2

Which statement by a client taking estrogen/progesterone combination hormone replacement therapy (HRT) requires immediate intervention by the nurse?

1. I have gained 6 pounds since I began taking this medication 3 months ago.
  2. Sexual intercourse is still slightly uncomfortable, even though I have been on the medication for 2 months.
  3. I got nauseated and had right shoulder pain after I ate fried fish last night.
  4. My ankles are swollen when I go to bed at night.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Madisongo23

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 4
Rationale 1: Parenteral oxytocin is intended for induction of labor in cases of maternal diabetes.
Rationale 2: Parenteral oxytocin may be used to induce labor in clients who have a fetus that needs to be delivered.
Rationale 3: Parenteral oxytocin is intended for induction of labor in cases of maternal preeclampsia.
Rationale 4: Parenteral oxytocin should not be used for elective induction of labor.
Global Rationale: Parenteral oxytocin should not be used for elective induction of labor. It may be used in the case of maternal diabetes, fetal distress, and preeclampsia.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: A small weight gain is normal with the use of HRT and does not require immediate intervention.
Rationale 2: HRT helps with vaginal atrophy, but a more helpful treatment may be the topical application of medication directly to the vagina.
Rationale 3: This client is demonstrating signs of gallbladder disease and needs immediate assessment. HRT can aggravate gallbladder disease.
Rationale 4: Fluid retention can occur with the use of HRT. It should be monitored, but it does not require immediate intervention.
Global Rationale: This client is demonstrating signs of gallbladder disease and needs immediate assessment. HRT can aggravate gallbladder disease. A small weight gain is normal with the use of HRT and does not require immediate intervention. HRT helps with vaginal atrophy, but a more helpful treatment may be the topical application of medication directly to the vagina. Fluid retention can occur with the use of HRT. It should be monitored, but it does not require immediate intervention.

roselinechinyere27m

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

covalentbond

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms that may signify an eye tumor include general blurred vision, bulging eye(s), double vision, a sensation of a foreign body in the eye(s), iris defects, limited ability to move the eyelid(s), limited ability to move the eye(s), pain or discomfort in or around the eyes or eyelids, red or pink eyes, white or cloud spots on the eye(s), colored spots on the eyelid(s), swelling around the eyes, swollen eyelid(s), and general vision loss.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library