This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which medication will the nurse administer to a client who is being tested for Cushing syndrome? ... (Read 9 times)

jenna1

Which medication will the nurse administer to a client who is being tested for Cushing syndrome?

1. Metyrapone (Metopirone)
  2. Mitotane (Lysodren)
  3. Acetylcysteine (Mucamyst)
  4. Ketoconazole (Nizoral)

Question 2

Which client statement indicates that teaching about hydrocortisone replacement therapy has been ineffective?

1. I should take aspirin if I develop a fever.
  2. I should report any wounds that are slow to heal to the health care provider.
  3. I might gain a small amount of weight.
  4. I should avoid alcohol and caffeine.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jordin Calloway

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Metyrapone is an antiadrenal drug used to diagnose Cushing syndrome.
Rationale 2: Mitotane (Lysodren) is not used to diagnose Cushing syndrome.
Rationale 3: Acetylcysteine is not used to diagnose Cushing disease.
Rationale 4: Ketoconazole is not used to diagnose Cushing syndrome.
Global Rationale: Metyrapone is an antiadrenal drug used to diagnose Cushing syndrome. The other medications are not useful in diagnosis.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: Aspirin can contribute to ulcer development during long-term hydrocortisone therapy and should be avoided.
Rationale 2: Slow wound healing could occur and should be reported immediately.
Rationale 3: Slight weight gain could occur.
Rationale 4: Alcohol and caffeine should be eliminated to reduce the development of peptic ulcer disease.
Global Rationale: Aspirin can contribute to ulcer development during long-term hydrocortisone therapy and should be avoided. Alcohol and caffeine should be eliminated to reduce the development of peptic ulcer disease. Slow wound healing could occur and should be reported immediately. Slight weight gain could occur.

jenna1

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

momolu

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library