This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A female client has a fungal infection and will receive griseofulvin. What assessment data is ... (Read 25 times)

sabina

A female client has a fungal infection and will receive griseofulvin. What assessment data is critical for the nurse to collect prior to administering this medication?

1. The type of birth control the patient is using
  2. The client's height and weight
  3. The client's cholesterol level
  4. The amount of cheese products the client eats

Question 2

The nurse is providing education regarding ketoconazole (Nizoral). The nurse knows the client has understood the teaching when the client states:

1. I could develop nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain with this medication.
  2. I cannot take this medication longer than 10 days.
  3. I should take this medication on an empty stomach.
  4. I could develop resistance to this medication if I take it too often.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

prumorgan

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: The medication is a pregnancy category C drug.
Rationale 2: The client's height and weight do not impact this drug.
Rationale 3: Cholesterol levels are not affected positively or negatively by this medication.
Rationale 4: Cheese products do not interfere with this medication. They interfere with tetracycline antibiotics.
Global Rationale: The medication is a pregnancy category C drug. The client's height and weight do not impact this drug. Cholesterol levels are not affected positively or negatively by this medication. Cheese products do not interfere with this medication. They interfere with tetracycline antibiotics.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: The most common side effect of ketoconazole is nausea.
Rationale 2: The client might need to take the medication for several weeks.
Rationale 3: To prevent gastric upset, the medication should be taken with food or milk.
Rationale 4: Clients taking ketoconazole do not develop resistance.
Global Rationale: The most common adverse effects are nausea and vomiting, which can affect over 50 of patients taking high doses of the drug. To prevent gastric upset, the medication should be taken with food that does not decrease stomach acidity. Therapy may be extended over several weeks and resistance does not develop,

sabina

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

adammoses97

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

Green tea is able to stop the scent of garlic or onion from causing bad breath.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library