This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse and a home health client have established this expected outcome: The client will be free ... (Read 145 times)

HudsonKB16

The nurse and a home health client have established this expected outcome: The client will be free from adverse effects of administration of diltiazem (Cardizem). Which finding indicates this outcome has not been met?

Standard Text: Select all that apply.
  1. The client complains of headache at each visit by the nurse.
  2. The client has 3+ edema in the ankles and feet.
  3. The client says, Everything I eat tastes like metal.
  4. The client says, I got so dizzy yesterday that I had to lie down for a while.
  5. The client's face is flushed.

Question 2

A client is prescribed potassium channel blocker for 4 weeks. Which statements would indicate to the nurse that additional time for teaching about the medication should be planned?

Standard Text: Select all that apply.
  1. I got some sunglasses like you said. Do you like them?
  2. Do you have any idea what this rash on my neck and arm is?
  3. I must be getting cataracts. I can't see anything anymore.
  4. I wear sunscreen whenever I am outdoors.
  5. I think that medicine is making my hair gray.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kbennett34

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1,2,4
Rationale 1: Headache is a potential adverse effect of diltiazem.
Rationale 2: Edema of the ankles and feet is a potential adverse effect of diltiazem.
Rationale 3: Metallic taste is not an expected adverse effect of diltiazem.
Rationale 4: Dizziness is an expected adverse effect of diltiazem.
Rationale 5: Facial flushing is not an expected adverse effect of diltiazem.
Global Rationale: Headache, edema in the ankles and feet, and dizziness are potential adverse effects of diltiazem. Metallic taste and facial flushing are not expected adverse effects of diltiazem.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1, 2,3,4
Rationale 1: Potassium channel blockers can cause photosensitivity, and wearing sunglasses protects the eyes.
Rationale 2: Potassium channel blockers can cause skin rashes.
Rationale 3: Potassium channel blockers may cause blurred vision.
Rationale 4: Potassium channel blockers cause increased risk of sunburn.
Rationale 5: There is no connection between potassium channel blockers and the development of gray hair.
Global Rationale: Potassium channel blockers can cause skin rashes, blurred vision, an increased risk of sunburn, and photosensitivity. There is no connection between potassium channel blockers and the development of gray hair.

HudsonKB16

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library