This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which group of cells in the kidneys makes up the apparatus that helps control renin secretion? 1. ... (Read 20 times)

jeatrice

Which group of cells in the kidneys makes up the apparatus that helps control renin secretion?

1. The red blood cells and slit pores
  2. The nephron and Bowman's capsule
  3. The juxtaglomerular (JG) cells and the macula densa
  4. The tubular and the glomerulus

Question 2

The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) converts angiotensin I almost instantly to which substance?

1. Angiotensin II
  2. Aldosterone
  3. Angiotensinogen
  4. Renin

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leeeep

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: The red blood cells and the slit pores do not help control renin secretion in the kidneys.
Rationale 2: The nephron and Bowman's capsule do not help control renin secretion.
Rationale 3: The JG cells and the macula densa are the cells that help control renin secretion.
Rationale 4: The tubular and glomerulus of the kidneys do not help control renin secretion.
Global Rationale: The JG cells and the macula densa are the cells that help control renin secretion. The red blood cells and the slit pores do not help control renin secretion in the kidneys. The nephron and Bowman's capsule do not help control renin secretion. The tubular and glomerulus of the kidneys do not help control renin secretion.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: ACE converts angiotensin I to angiotensin II. This happens almost immediately because ACE lies on the membranes of the blood vessels.
Rationale 2: ACE does not convert angiotensin I to aldosterone.
Rationale 3: ACE does not convert angiotensin I to angiotensinogen.
Rationale 4: ACE does not convert angiotensin I to renin.
Global Rationale: ACE converts angiotensin I to angiotensin II. This happens almost immediately because ACE lies on the membranes of the blood vessels. ACE does not convert angiotensin I to aldosterone, angiotensinogen, or renin.

jeatrice

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Eating carrots will improve your eyesight. Carrots are high in vitamin A (retinol), which is essential for good vision. It can also be found in milk, cheese, egg yolks, and liver.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library