This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Body cells require oxygen-rich blood for aerobic metabolism. The nurse explains that which organs ... (Read 27 times)

leo leo

Body cells require oxygen-rich blood for aerobic metabolism. The nurse explains that which organs bring oxygen to the blood and remove carbon dioxide from it?

1. The lungs
  2. The parathyroid glands
  3. The bronchioles
  4. The kidneys

Question 2

The nurse is reinforcing factors that contribute to addiction to a group of clients recovering from addiction and their family members. Which statement made by a client or family member would indicate the need for additional teaching?

Standard Text: Select all that apply.
  1. I'm not likely to have any more problems with addiction since neither of my parents had a problem with addiction.
  2. I can still see my friends as long as I stay away from alcohol.
  3. I don't want to become addicted like my husband did. I'm never going to take any kind of drug unless I absolutely have to.
  4. I realize now that I was just looking for ways to help me feel good about myself.
  5. After a while, it just seemed even though I was not in pain, I would still want to take the pain pills.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Viet Thy

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 1
Rationale 1: The respiratory system brings oxygen to the blood and removes carbon dioxide from it.
Rationale 2: The parathyroid glands are not organs.
Rationale 3: The bronchioles are not organs.
Rationale 4: The kidneys are intimately involved in assisting the cardiovascular system with fluid and acidbase balance, not gas exchange.
Global Rationale: The respiratory system brings oxygen to the blood and removes carbon dioxide from it. The parathyroid glands and the bronchioles are not organs. The kidneys are intimately involved in assisting the cardiovascular system with fluid and acidbase balance, not gas exchange.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 1,2,3
Rationale 1: Addiction depends on multiple and complex variables. Genetics plays a part but many other factors also contribute to addiction.
Rationale 2: Counselors encourage users to stop associating with social contacts who shared the substance abuse to lessen the possibility for relapse.
Rationale 3: The therapeutic use of drugs rarely causes addiction when used according to accepted medical protocols.
Rationale 4: The drug experience may bring feelings of pleasure or well-being. The client may find achieving this feeling to be worth repeating, leading to addiction.
Rationale 5: This client recognizes that taking pain medication even when in not pain leaves one vulnerable for addiction. The therapeutic use of drugs rarely causes addiction when used according to accepted medical protocols.
Global Rationale: Addiction depends on multiple and complex variables. Genetics plays a part but many other factors also contribute to addiction. Counselors encourage users to stop associating with social contacts who shared the substance abuse to lessen the possibility for relapse. The therapeutic use of drugs rarely causes addiction when used according to accepted medical protocols. The drug experience may bring feelings of pleasure or well-being. The client may find achieving this feeling to be worth repeating, leading to addiction. This client recognizes that taking pain medication even when in not pain leaves one vulnerable for addiction. The therapeutic use of drugs rarely causes addiction when used according to accepted medical protocols.

leo leo

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

peter

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

On average, the stomach produces 2 L of hydrochloric acid per day.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library