Author Question: Which patient action indicates learning in the psychomotor domain? a. Assembling a drug inhaler ... (Read 37 times)

Themember4

Which patient action indicates learning in the psychomotor domain?

a. Assembling a drug inhaler
  b. Looking up drug side effects on a computer
  c. Ensuring that the prescription is refilled on time
  d. Asking whether a drug dose should be skipped when vomiting occurs

Question 2

Which statement by a patient receiving nitroglycerin ointment indicates the need for additional teaching by the nurse?

a. I will remove the previous dose before I put on the new dose.
  b. I will reapply the dose every 4 hours around the clock.
  c. I must avoid rubbing my skin when I put on a new dose.
  d. I will put tape over the paper so that the dose stays in place.

nikmaaacs

Answer to Question 1

A
The psychomotor domain is concerned with motor skills or activities. Assembling a drug inhaler demonstrates skill and is applying the knowledge gained from the cognitive domain.

Answer to Question 2

B
Nitroglycerin ointment or patches lose their effectiveness when used continuously. It works much better when there is a drug free time during a 24-hour period. Usually the drug is re-moved at night when the patient has his or her longest sleeping period because the heart is less stressed during that time.