This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client tells the nurse that she has stopped spontaneous menstruation as part of the process of ... (Read 24 times)

nautica902

The client tells the nurse that she has stopped spontaneous menstruation as part of the process of menopause. Regarding the need for contraception, what should be the nurse's highest priority instruction to the client?

a. Contraception is no longer necessary now that periods have stopped.
  b. Contraception should be used only if breakthrough bleeding occurs.
  c. Contraception should be used for 6 months after cessation of spontaneous menstruation.
  d. Contraception should be used until 1 year after cessation of spontaneous menstruation.

Question 2

A client makes various statements related to managing menopausal symptoms. Which statement indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I know swimming will help prevent osteoporosis.
  b. I eat a diet high in calcium.
  c. I try to limit my red meat and sugar.
  d. I drink only occasional alcohol and caffeine.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

matt95

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The nurse should stress the need for the client to use a method of contraception until one year after the cessation of spontaneous menstruation.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Swimming is a nonweight-bearing exercise and does not assist in bone strengthening; a more effective choice would be walking or low-impact aerobics.

nautica902

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

CAPTAINAMERICA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Inotropic therapy does not have a role in the treatment of most heart failure patients. These drugs can make patients feel and function better but usually do not lengthen the predicted length of their lives.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library