This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with Alzheimer's disease receives tacrine (Cognex). Her son is commenting on his mother's ... (Read 21 times)

berenicecastro

A client with Alzheimer's disease receives tacrine (Cognex). Her son is commenting on his mother's condition. Which comment indicates an expected positive effect from this medication?

a. My mother is less unstable on her feet.
  b. My mother is not deteriorating at this time.
  c. My mother seems to be cured of her Alzheimer's.
  d. My mother is no longer at risk of the effects of Alzheimer's.

Question 2

The client has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and needs to be started on an acetylcholinesteras e inhibitor drug. He has preexisting liver disease. The nurse anticipates the he will most likely be ordered which drug?

a. Aricept
  b. Hydergine
  c. Exelon
  d. Cognex

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

johnpizzaz

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
This is a realistic answer to this question. Medications for Alzheimer's disease slow the progression of the illness but do not cure or decrease the risk of the condition. Cognex does not have an effect on motor function.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Exelon is not known to cause hepatotoxicity.

berenicecastro

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

carlsona147

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library