This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a client with opioid addiction. The client requires the reversal of ... (Read 58 times)

student77

The nurse is caring for a client with opioid addiction. The client requires the reversal of respiratory depression and coma. The nurse anticipates that she will be treated with which medication?

a. Methadone (Dolophine)
  b. Buprenorphine (Subutex)
  c. Naltrexone (ReVia, Depade)
  d. Naloxone (Narcan)

Question 2

Which client statement demonstrates the greatest readiness for smoking or alcohol cessation?

a. I will cut down my smoking and drinking, but I won't stop completely.
  b. I don't know why everyone thinks my smoking and drinking are a problem.
  c. I need help in dealing with my addiction to smoking and drinking.
  d. I will quit when my smoking and drinking really affect my life.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sierray

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Naloxone (Narcan) is the only choice that can be used to reverse the symptoms of respiratory depression and coma resulting from opioid addiction.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
The correct option indicates the greatest readiness. The other options show a reluctance to recognize the problems imposed by the addiction.

student77

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Jsherida

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library