This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient has been ordered treatment with rimantadine (Flumadine). The patient has renal ... (Read 34 times)

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

The patient has been ordered treatment with rimantadine (Flumadine). The patient has renal impairment. The nurse anticipates what change to the dose of medication?

a. Increased
  b. Decreased
  c. Unchanged
  d. Held

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a patient who is receiving chloroquine (Aralen) for malaria prophylaxis. Which statement by the patient indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I may experience hair discoloration while taking this drug.
  b. I should not take this drug with lemon juice.
  c. I should use sunscreen while taking this drug.
  d. If I have gastrointestinal upset, I should take an antacid.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

phuda

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The dosage of the medication will be decreased when the patient has renal impairment.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Patients should not take these drugs with antacids.

eruditmonkey@yahoo.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

xiaomengxian

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library