This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is obtaining signatures on consent forms for participation in a clinical drug trial. One ... (Read 156 times)

AEWBW

The nurse is obtaining signatures on consent forms for participation in a clinical drug trial. One patient says, I'm not sure I want to do this, but I need the cash. The nurse will take which action?

a. Ask the patient to clarify concerns.
  b. Reinforce that cash is given to all subjects equally.
  c. Report this statement to the party named on the consent.
  d. Review the elements of the study and obtain consent.

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a patient about taking a once daily medication that has a side effect of drowsiness. The nurse learns that the patient works a 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM shift in a hospital.

The nurse will recommend that the patient take this medication at which time of day?
  a. 0600
  b. 0800
  c. 1800
  d. 2000

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leeeep

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
If a nurse suspects that a patient is being coerced to participate in the study, the nurse should report this to the party named on the informed consent. When a patient verbalizes participation based on a financial reward, there is an element of coercion.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The medication should be given when the patient is at home before sleep.

AEWBW

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

rleezy04

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Liver spots have nothing whatsoever to do with the liver. They are a type of freckles commonly seen in older adults who have been out in the sun without sufficient sunscreen.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library