This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When assessing an individual's risk of developing a substance abuse disorder, the nurse would be the ... (Read 11 times)

Coya19@aol.com

When assessing an individual's risk of developing a substance abuse disorder, the nurse would be the most concerned about which finding(s)? You may select more than one answer.

a. A history of a mood disorder
  b. Gender
  c. Age
  d. Socioeconomic status
  e. A history of impulsivity

Question 2

The prescriber has ordered anthralin for a patient with psoriasis. The nurse provides education about the use of the medication. Which statement by the patient demonstrates a need for further teaching?

a. This medication may cause local irritation.
  b. I should avoid getting the medication in my eyes.
  c. I should apply the medication once in the morning and before bed.
  d. I should not wear clothes that I don't want to get stained by the medication.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Awesome

Answer to Question 1

a,

Answer to Question 2

C
Anthralin should be applied only at night and left on during sleep.
Anthralin can cause local irritation, and conjunctivitis may occur if it comes in contact with the eyes; no further teaching is needed.
Anthralin does stain clothes; the patient should be advised of this to avoid getting the medication on nice, new clothing. No further teaching is necessary.

Coya19@aol.com

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library