This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse in acute care is reviewing a patient's medications and notes that a prescriber's order for ... (Read 53 times)

bucstennis@aim.com

The nurse in acute care is reviewing a patient's medications and notes that a prescriber's order for the patient has been changed to nesiritide (Natrecor).

The nurse understands that the advantage of nesiritide (Natrecor), the synthetic form of natriuretic peptide, in treating heart failure is that a. it does not cause hypotension.
  b. it reduces both preload and afterload.
  c. no adverse events have been associated with its use.
  d. it has an oral dose formulation.

Question 2

A nurse is creating a plan of care for an obstetric patient receiving tocolytic medications. The nurse provides patient education about the medication.

The nurse asks the patient, What out-come do we want to see as a result of the tocolytic therapy? Which response by the patient best demonstrates understanding of this medication? a. I will have sufficient milk production.
  b. The medication will directly affect my comfort level.
  c. The delivery will be postponed at least 24 hours.
  d. My breasts will be soft but not engorged.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vickybb89

Answer to Question 1

B
Nesiritide reduces both preload and afterload by dilating arterioles and veins.
Nesiritide may cause hypotension because of its vasodilatory effects, therefore the blood pressure must be monitored carefully.
Many adverse effects have been associated with the use of nesiritide; in fact, it is still being in-vestigated.
Nesiritide is administered only intravenously.

Answer to Question 2

C
Tocolytic therapy is implemented to suppress preterm labor.
Tocolytic therapy does not affect milk production or the breasts.
Tocolytic therapy may indirectly affect the patient's comfort level by reducing contractions, but it does not directly affect comfort level.

bucstennis@aim.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

kjohnson

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Illicit drug use costs the United States approximately $181 billion every year.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library