This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An individual becomes anemic. How would the kidneys respond? a. The kidneys would increase ... (Read 28 times)

charchew

An individual becomes anemic. How would the kidneys respond?

a. The kidneys would increase protein metabolism.
  b. The kidneys would increase the synthesis and release of erythropoietin.
  c. The kidneys would conserve sodium and potassium.
  d. The kidneys would change the osmotic gradient in the proximal tubule.

Question 2

An Army nurse is preparing to administer BioThrax to a group of enlisted soldiers who are going to be deployed to an active combat area.

The group of soldiers is receiving the first of a series of the anthrax vaccine, and the nurse provides thorough education. What statement by a marine about the vaccine best demonstrates the need for further teaching? a. I may experience muscle and joint aches.
  b. I can expect my next vaccination in 2 weeks.
  c. I can expect a scar from this vaccine.
  d. I may experience a headache or feel fatigued.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ilianabrrr

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

C
The anthrax vaccine does not cause a scar; however, the smallpox vaccine does; further teaching is required.
The marine might experience muscle and joint aches, as well as a headache and fatigue; no fur-ther teaching is needed.
The pre-exposure vaccine for anthrax is BioThrax, which is provided by administration of three subcutaneous injections given 2 weeks apart, then again at 6, 12, and 18 months; no further teaching is needed.

charchew

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

coreycathey

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library