This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An individual becomes anemic. How would the kidneys respond? a. The kidneys would increase ... (Read 30 times)

charchew

An individual becomes anemic. How would the kidneys respond?

a. The kidneys would increase protein metabolism.
  b. The kidneys would increase the synthesis and release of erythropoietin.
  c. The kidneys would conserve sodium and potassium.
  d. The kidneys would change the osmotic gradient in the proximal tubule.

Question 2

An Army nurse is preparing to administer BioThrax to a group of enlisted soldiers who are going to be deployed to an active combat area.

The group of soldiers is receiving the first of a series of the anthrax vaccine, and the nurse provides thorough education. What statement by a marine about the vaccine best demonstrates the need for further teaching? a. I may experience muscle and joint aches.
  b. I can expect my next vaccination in 2 weeks.
  c. I can expect a scar from this vaccine.
  d. I may experience a headache or feel fatigued.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ilianabrrr

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

C
The anthrax vaccine does not cause a scar; however, the smallpox vaccine does; further teaching is required.
The marine might experience muscle and joint aches, as well as a headache and fatigue; no fur-ther teaching is needed.
The pre-exposure vaccine for anthrax is BioThrax, which is provided by administration of three subcutaneous injections given 2 weeks apart, then again at 6, 12, and 18 months; no further teaching is needed.

charchew

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

amynguyen1221

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library