This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Assessment of a patient's right lower extremity reveals swelling and warmth, and the patient reports ... (Read 28 times)

tnt_battle

Assessment of a patient's right lower extremity reveals swelling and warmth, and the patient reports pain in the extremity. The nurse would anticipate the administration of which drug?

a. Aspirin (ASA)
  b. Clopidogrel (Plavix)
  c. Enoxaparin (Lovenox)
  d. Bivalirudin (Angiomax )

Question 2

A nurse has just admitted a female patient to the medical-surgical unit for a recurrent urinary tract infection. Which finding should alert the nurse that the patient may be experiencing major depression?

a. A patient who reports sleeping 14 to 16 hours per day for the past 3 months.
  b. A patient who states, I feel pretty emotional about once a month.
  c. A patient who comments, I have asked my sister to help me at home until I am feeling stronger.
  d. A patient who says, I'm a bit of a loner. I love to read and surf the Internet.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

softEldritch

Answer to Question 1

C
The patient's clinical manifestations correlate with deep vein thrombosis, and enoxaparin is in-dicated for the treatment of established DVT.
Aspirin is used to prevent arterial thrombosis.
Clopidogrel is indicated for prevention of stenosis of coronary stents and secondary prevention of myocardial infarction (MI) and ischemic strokes.
Bivalirudin is indicated for patients with unstable angina who are undergoing coronary angiop-lasty.

Answer to Question 2

A
A major depressive episode may manifest as hypersomnia or insomnia; these patients also take no pleasure or interest in their usual activities or pastimes.
Feeling emotional once a month may be premenstrual syndrome and is not indicative of major depression.
Asking a sister to assist at home is a positive action and not indicative of major depression.
Being a loner is not problematic, especially when the person is interested in other pastimes; therefore, this is not indicative of major depression.

tnt_battle

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

billybob123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library