This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is providing teaching for a patient with stable angina who will begin taking nitroglycerin. ... (Read 23 times)

michelleunicorn

A nurse is providing teaching for a patient with stable angina who will begin taking nitroglycerin. Which statement by the patient indicates understanding of the teaching?

a. I should not participate in aerobic exer-cise while taking this drug.
  b. I should take aspirin daily to reduce my need for nitroglycerin.
  c. If I take nitroglycerin before exertion, I can reduce the chance of an anginal at-tack.
  d. I take nitroglycerin to increase the amount of oxygen to my heart.

Question 2

An 18-month-old child develops an urticarial reaction after a transfusion. The prescriber orders intravenous promethazine Phenergan. What will the nurse do?

a. Give the medication as ordered.
  b. Monitor the child for bronchoconstriction .
  c. Question the order.
  d. Request an order to give the drug orally.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cuttiesgirl16

Answer to Question 1

C
Nitroglycerin can be taken before stressful events or exertion to reduce the chance of an attack of angina. Aerobic exercise is an important part of nondrug therapy to reduce the risk of heart attack. Aspirin therapy is an important adjunct to treatment to prevent coronary thrombus formation, but it does not reduce the need for nitroglycerin. Nitroglycerin reduces cardiac oxygen demand, but it does not increase the amount of oxygen available to the heart.

Answer to Question 2

C
Promethazine can cause severe respiratory depression, especially in very young patients; it is contraindicated in children younger than 2 years. The medication should not be given as ordered. It is not safe to give the drug and then monitor for bronchoconstriction . The drug is not safe in this age group when given orally.

michelleunicorn

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Wow, this really help

blakcmamba

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library